This is my now page for 1st September 2018. What is a now page? A now page goes to a page that tells you what a person is focused on at this point in their life. Inspired by Derek Sivers and his Now page movement and subsequent website.
This is what I'm currently doing:
Where Am I
Kuching, Borneo Malsysia. I’m using Kuching as my base in Asia until September 2019.
Where Was I
Just got back from a 3 month trip to Europe; London, Leeds, Manchester, Chelmsford, Bucharest, Sibiu, Sighisoara, Cluj, Budapest. Ridiculously tiring!
Where Am I Going Next
What Am I Working On
- Web development – Really really enjoying this at the moment, and have taken on several projects from agencies now, which is helping me to learn even more stuff. Probably about 90% of my time in August went to this. Charging for time is dumb, but the upside is I am loving the work, so not sure where it’s leading.
- NSB – My radio station relaunch in May continues to go from strength to strength. We’ve got over 70 DJs playing on the station now, managed to hook in some big names on syndication shows like Noisia, and just ran a great event in London.
- Closing down businesses – Some of my businesses have been ticking over for years, and I’ve decided to sell them or close them down. If I’ve been putting it of for over a year, it’s time to get rid of it.
- Ecommerce and Affiliate – Still running my ecommerce and affiliate businesses, but they bore me, and I spend as little time as possible on them.
What Am I Thinking About
I’m thinking about this blog a lot as I’ve not released a new post for such a long time, but I have written a few posts now to about 80% completion, so gotta get some new content published.
What Was The Main Challenge Last Month
Getting rid of businesses and deciding what I am not interested in.
Live Work Fit – My retreat brand, was a lot of hard work, distracted me from my other goals, and didn’t align itself with my travel plans for 2018. It’s for sale if you are interested in taking it over.
Smashing Coffee – My coffee subscription brand has been ticking over for a few years, but its not something I can see much revenue in, and I don’t have much passion for it anymore (don’t get me wrong, I love coffee, I’m just not much of a coffee snob, and everyone I meet in the industry seems to be, and I just ain’t feeling it).
What Have I Been Reading
- China’s Great Wall of Debt – Dinny McMahon (understanding China, interesting cynical perspective)
- Ava Lee Series – Ian Hamilton (Asian lesbian female accountant debt-collector series, weird but likeable)
- Only When I Laugh – Paul Merton
- Personal – Lee Child (Jack Reacher; is it just me or is he getting annoying?)
- Absolute Pandemonium – Brian Blessed (what a legend)
- All out War – Tim Shipman
What Have I Been Watching
- Vikings (I blame the gf, again, but this is genuinely pretty good)
- Once Upon a Time (it’s trash, but gf got me in to it – again)
- Mr.Robot (gave up mid-Season 1, dudes got issues and I just didn’t care enough)
- Magicians (it’s trash but now I’m in to it)
- Person of Interest (just completed the last season, ending a bit meh)
- Lost (done all 6 series, was better than I remembered)
What Have I Been Hearing
Nile Rodgers (disco classics)
DJ EZ-D (triple drop Serato DJ)
What Have I Been Eating
Literally everything. Romania and eastern Europe was full of meats, new things to try and really really good cheap red wine.
See past Now pages: