This is my now page for 1st June 2018. What is a now page? A now page goes to a page that tells you what a person is focused on at this point in their life. Inspired by Derek Sivers and his Now page movement and subsequent website.
This is what I'm currently doing:
Where Am I
Where Was I
Just got back from Betong, Sarawak, celebrating gawai (harvest festival) in a traditional Iban longhouse.
Where Am I Going Next
London for a couple of days and then to Budapest for a month.
What Am I Working On
- NSB – Just relaunched an internet radio station and forum I’ve been running since year 2000. New design, some updated tech, monetisation and general improvements. Over 60 DJs playing live every week, with plans set out now for the next 24 months to make the station even bigger and better. Traffic, listeners and engagement are all way up since relaunch. I worked on it for 1 month via Make it Launch it, so you can read the ups and downs of the relaunch there.
- Web development – A few more dev projects completed in May, am really enjoying coding and feel like my skills are rapidly improving. For the last year or so I’ve been doing more and more web development. The difference in my well-being between being client-facing and now code-facing is huge and I love it. Every line of a code is a problem to solve, and it ticks my mental boxes. Glad to be doing it.
- New Product – I’ve put my big SaaS product on hold since April. I still think its a great idea, but the MVB workshop I did in March just blew apart the possibilities of where I could take it, so more thinking required.
- New Product 2 (Codename: Uppppppp) – As part of my NSB rebrand, I realised there was a piece of tech that was missing for DJs and musicians that I need to build for the station, but I think spinning it in to a product will also work, so I want to try and do that this month.
- This is Broken – My tribute to Seth Godin’s book recommendations got an update. The last few months Seth has recommended the least books in the last 15 years or so of his blog, so I hope by shining a light on what I love I haven’t also helped destroy it…
- Ecommerce and Affiliate – Still running my ecommerce and affiliate businesses, but they bore me, and I spend as little time as possible on them.
What Am I Thinking About
The Dip – Working on NSB again after ignoring it for so long gave me some great insight in to the knowledge store a maker has in old projects. It’s so easy to switch to new ideas and chase new creations, and they maybe bailing on it right before The Dip, but sometimes going back to what you know is actually way better, so I want to spend some time refining old projects before starting a new one. Going back to old projects with new knowledge changes everything.
What Was The Main Challenge Last Month
- Live Work Fit – My retreat brand, was a lot of hard work, distracted me from my other goals, and didn’t align itself with my travel plans for 2018. Gonna dump it.
- FOMO investments – Don’t have time enough to watch alts and tokens and crypto, doing what I can but never feel like its enough.
What Have I Been Reading
- The Dip – Seth Godin (classic book worth re-reading)
- My Own Guru – Rezzan Hussey (friends book, life advice, read it)
- Zero to One – Peter Thiel (good to go back to this classic)
What Have I Been Watching
MasterChef (love a good cooking program)
What Have I Been Hearing
Carl Cox DJ Sets
What Have I Been Eating
A lot of noodles in Kuching – Kampua Mee is the best
See past Now pages: